The vision of our company is to propose to pharmaceutical industries, biotechnology companies and other private & public laboratories, innovating solutions in efficacy / toxicity evaluation of active ingredients in laboratory species by the use of non invasive imaging techniques and appropriate imaging analysis for quantitative evaluation of specific imaging biomarkers.
Why this vision of a company?
- We think that all efforts must be done to improve the efficiency of R&D (from fundamental to applied research) and that can be done by the use of innovating imaging approaches.
- We need to reduce the number of animals used in research works. Imaging permits to reduce the number of animals in a single study from 50 to 90% if a longitudinal design is applied.
- We focus on quantitative imaging and on the development of quantitative imaging biomarkers. This is the best way to reach the previous goals.
Why working on animals?
Animal models are actually the best known solution to evaluate toxicity and potential benefits of new treatments that might be used in human beings.
Animal experimentation was required by the Nuremberg Code after 2nd World War (3rd point of Nuremberg Code):
3. The experiment should be so designed and based on the results of animal experimentation and a knowledge of the natural history of the disease or other problem under study that the anticipated results will justify the performance of the experiment.
The Nuremberg Code was completed in June 1964 by the World Medical Association (WMA) Declaration of Helsinki on Ethical Principles for Medical Research Involving Human Subjects adopted by the 18th WMA General Assembly, Helsinki, Finland (Point 21 of Declaration of Helsinki):
21. Medical research involving human subjects must conform to generally accepted scientific principles, be based on a thorough knowledge of the scientific literature, other relevant sources of information, and adequate laboratory and, as appropriate, animal experimentation. The welfare of animals used for research must be respected.
We think at Imavita that animal experimentation fights against all kinds of totalitarianisms and non-ethical abuse of human beings.
Animal welfare is our daily goal and deviations are not tolerated.
If you have questions, do not hesitate to contact animal welfare officers: email@example.com